Feb 13, 2019
This week Ted feeds your head with a taste of the road, featuring his adult scooter ride through the Matrix-like world of 2019 Baltimore while there on tour with Jim Gaffigan. Then in "What Are You Watching?" Ted breaks down what he's watching - this week it's those Frye festival docs and the excellent skateboarding documentary "Minding The Gap" which Ted and his wife definitely both enjoyed. Next, in a special Flashback, Ted's world is rocked once again as he learns more about his genetics as well as the reliability of commercially available DNA tests! Then in "Cooking with Ted" Ted feeds you with actual food as he recounts his attempt to connect with what he until recently believed to be his Greek heritage by cooking a next-level egg and tomato dish (recipe below) AND some semi-clean almond butter cookies (also below). Finally in "The Catch Up" Ted tries to reconnect with comedian friends Tig Notaro, Russ Meneve, and Lewis Black and definitely gets in touch with one of them! Subscribe to A Little Bit Me then check out more from Ted at www.tedalexandro.com and follow him @Tedalexandro on Twitter and Instagram. And see his new hour special Senior Class of Earth at www.atcspecials.com! Ted Photo by Eric Korenman
KAGIANAS (Greek tomato & egg):
2 medium sized ripe tomatoes
1. Place some oil in a frying pan, as much as it takes to just cover the bottom, over low heat. Meanwhile, blend the tomatoes in a blender and add them to the frying pan.
2. Simmer until they absorb their juices, stirring from time to time so that they don't stick to the bottom.
3. Crack the eggs in a bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. When the tomatoes absorb all their liquids add in the eggs, constantly stirring until they combine with the tomato and get firm, according to your liking.
5. Serve in a platter or separate dishes with bread
ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES:
1 cup almond butter (I used 1/2 cup creamy and 1/2 cup
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp monk fruit/erythritol, xylitol or 1 pkt of stevia (I used sugar)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
cacao nibs, chocolate chips, cranberries, raisins (I used mini set-sweet chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl, add in almond butter, almond flour, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract, sea salt, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Stir in chocolate chips or your accompaniment of choice (optional)
4. Chill dough for 20-60 minutes.
5. Spoon spoonfuls of the dough onto the baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 12-13 minutes.